Coding & Compliance Seminar
The Most Comprehensive Seminar Available Today For Chiropractors, Physical Therapists and Physiatrists on Coding, Compliance and Documentation!
NOTE: For A Texas 16 Hour Course Outline Click Here
(In Texas, this course meets the 4-hour requirement for Ethics, Risk Management and Coding/Documentation & the 8-hour requirement for Medicare.)
The Hidden Secrets of Coding
- Why You Have to Use The Exact CPT Code.
- Insight Into The Little Know “Hidden” Definitions Of The CPT Code Book.
- CPT Codes vs. ABC Codes.
Evaluation & Management Codes
- The Three (3) Key Components Of An E/M Service.
- The Proper Use Of Time In Determing The Proper E/M Code.
- New vs. Established Patients.
- A Simple Form That Will Audit E&M Codes in Seconds!
- Documentation Guidelines: The KEY for properly coding E&M Services.
Physical Medicine Codes
- When To Use An Osteopathic Manipulative Code Rather Than A Chiropractic Manipulative Code.
- How To Determine An Increase In Spinal Function.
- How To Bill For Two Codes Used At The Same Time.
- How To Properly Determine Time.
- The Defintion Of “One-On-One” Contact.
- When To Use The Therapeutic Procedure Code And Neuromuscular Reeducation Code.
- How To Bill Manual Therapy With A CMT/OMT.
- The Proper Way To Bill Muscle Therapies.
- Home vs. Office Based Therapy.
Outcomes Assessment Overview
- What Are Outcome Assessments And Why They Are Important.
- Attributes to Look for in Outcome Measures
- Subjective vs. Objective Questionnaires
- Classification of Outcome Assessments
Subjective Outcome Assessment Tools
- General Health Questionnaires
- Assessments of Pain
- Condition-specific Outcomes
- Psychosocial Questionnaires
- Subjective Questionnaires and E&M Code
- Patient Satisfaction Questionnaires
- Predicting Outcomes in Low Back Pain
- Strength and Endurance Testing
- Spinal Orthopedic and Neurological Testing
- Spinal Range of Motion Testing
- Surface EMG, Inclinometers, and Dynamometers
- Spinal Adjusting Techniques
- Outcome Measures for the Upper/Lower Extremities
- Functional Capacity Exams
Application of Outcomes Assessment in Clinical Practice
- Case Management in an Evidence-based Practice
- Integrating Outcomes Assessment into Clinical Documentation
- Establishing an “Outcomes-based Practice”
- Using Outcome Assessments in Risk Management
- Current Published Research Regarding Outcomes Assessment Tools
Practical Reality; An Outcome-based Practice
- Putting Outcomes-based Management into Practice
- Clinical Outcome Databases and Software Programs
- Looking to the Future: Using Outcomes Management to Enhance your Practice
- Documenting Medical Necessity to Validate Treatment
Documentation & Records
- How to Create a Computer SOAP Note in Under a Minute.
- How to Properly Document Exams and Test Results to Avoid Allegations of Fraud.
- How to Keep Adequate Notes.
- How Long Do I Keep Records?
- How to Justify Treatment
- What Review Doctors Look for to Cut Your Care
- Why notes need to be legible and counter-signed
- What is HIPAA? Am I a Covered Entity? Can I be excluded from HIPAA?
- What Written Guidelines Should I Have In Place?
- How to be Compliant in Minutes
The Risk Management Benefits of Having a Compliance Program
- The 10 Most Common Billing Mistakes That Chiropractors Make in Practice.
- Erroneous vs. Fraudulent Claims
- Civil False Claims Act, HIPAA and Health Care Fraud
- The 7 Essential Elements of An Effective Compliance Program
- How to Easily Create a Compliance Program
- The 4 Fraud and Abuse Areas Cited by the OIG
- Why the Government Collected $1.7 Billion in Health Care Fraud in 2003.
- MD/DC Clinics are LEGAL – Find Out What Makes Them ILLEGAL!